Although life insurance offers you family peace of mind and keeps you financially supported, sometimes there are reasons that can be a headache. There are clauses that can make the insurer make a denial decision for breaching the policy
Cases have also been shown that insurers tend to place obstacles for the payment of the same and this is where the ordeal begins. If this happens, it is essential that you have advice from a professional who will help you to emerge victorious from all this; Of course, it must be an error on the part of the insurer, which has not incurred in any f these reasons:
Reasons why insurers can deny payment of compensation from the insurance policy
- Possible fraud: the insurance can evaluate the information and indicate possible fraud by entering an administrative process. This can happen if the beneficiary breached or the insurer considers that there was a breach in any clause of the policy.
- Death by suicide: The insurer does not contemplate death for this reason in its policy contracts. For them, it is exempt from the payment of compensation to the beneficiaries.
- Error in the documents: when taking out an insurance policy; this can happen at the time of filling out the policy forms or uploading an erroneous document and by agreeing the insurer does not make or report for correction; thus, when paying the policy, they can deny it due to an error in the data provided by the user.
- Expiration of the policy: you must always be solvent with the payments, either of the premiums or the full policy, depending on the modality. In the event of an incident and the policy is expired or a monthly payment is pending, the benefit will immediately be annulled and the beneficiary will lose his right to compensation.
- Practicing a high-risk sport: this will depend on the insurance clauses, certain policies cover this type of case if it is specified and possible risks are added. It should be noted that this coverage’s make the policies have a higher cost.
- Being in armed conflict: this applies to people who are in a conscious armed conflict or in a war.
It is important to always keep everything updated and to have an advisor who can explain to the insured in more detail all the points of the clauses to avoid errors.